Selected by the Luxe.CO Jury the following five brands’ marketing cases have been included in the 【Luxe.CO Biweekly Ranking】Top Cases List for Issue No. 2 of 2024:
- Italian luxury brand Tod’s
- Italian luxury jewelry brand BVLGARI
- French luxury footwear brand Christian Louboutin
- French silverware brand Christofle
- Chinese luxury brand SHANG XIA
From January 16, 2024, to January 31, 2024, the 【Luxe.CO Biweekly Ranking】collected 44 brand activities from 33 luxury brands in the Chinese market, including marketing updates (9), store expansions/renovations (25), pop-up store openings (9), and brand ambassador appointments (1).
—— Recommended Cases ——
1) Italian luxury brand Tod’s
Case: Collaboration with brand friend Wang Yuheng and paper sculpture artisan Song An’s team to create the “Nine Dragons of Prosperity” limited display window
Tod’s, in collaboration with brand friend Wang Yuheng, launched the Dragon Year-themed project “Nine Dragons of Prosperity.” Through themed display windows, New Year red envelopes, and Nine Dragons animation, they told the cultural story of the Dragon Year and the Nine Offspring of the Dragon, adding auspicious fortune to the Spring Festival.
Inspired by the vision of dragons soaring through the clouds, Wang Yuheng collaborated with Song An and his paper art team to create the “Nine Dragons of Prosperity” limited display window, capturing the magnificent image of golden dragons rising among the clouds with intricate paper carving skills. The brand stores featuring the limited display include: Shanghai Plaza 66, Shanghai Jing’an Kerry Centre, Shenzhen MixC World, Chengdu IFS, Shenyang MixC, and Hong Kong Landmark.
2) Italian luxury jewelry brand BVLGARI
Case: Collaboration with artist Pan Hu to create the Dragon Year Totem
BVLGARI collaborated with United Nations partner artist Pan Hu to create the Dragon Year Totem. Pan Hu drew inspiration from the legends of “dragons” and “snakes” in the “Eternal City,” employing traditional Chinese brushwork and ink painting to intricately depict the dragon’s body and horns, creating a sense of delicacy similar to that of jewelry, and presenting a dragon image that is both solemn and majestic.
3) French luxury footwear brand Christian Louboutin
Case: Creation of the paper sculpture “Auspicious Dragon Riding the Clouds” with Chinese paper sculptor Wen Qiuyun
Christian Louboutin, in collaboration with Chinese paper sculptor Wen Qiuyun, created the paper sculpture “Auspicious Dragon Riding the Clouds,” which was displayed in the brand’s store windows.
Inspired by ancient descriptions of dragons in the “Eryayi,” the artwork features a dragon that combines grace and strength, depicting the auspicious scene of the celestial dragon arriving on earth. The artist cleverly combined paper art with lighting to create a Penglai paradise of layers of auspicious clouds. The dragon is adorned with stars and moons, symbolizing tireless effort. The brand’s signature red soles are transformed into the texture of traditional Chinese architectural tiles, echoing the elements of the Spring Festival and conveying New Year blessings.
4) French silverware brand Christofle
Case: Collaboration with Chinese sculptor Zheng Lu to release the limited silver dragon sculpture art piece — “Flowing Clouds”
Christofle collaborated with Chinese sculptor Zheng Lu to release the limited silver dragon sculpture art piece — “Flowing Clouds,” showcasing the beauty of craftsmanship and cultural exchange.
This marks the first time in nearly two hundred years that Christofle has collaborated with a Chinese artist. Zheng Lu drew inspiration from the cultural significance of water, using silver as the primary material and the shape of a Möbius strip to present an elegant and complex swimming dragon, embodying the brand and artist’s commitment to showcasing refined aesthetics through exquisite craftsmanship, seeking a balance between respecting tradition and continuous innovation.
5) Chinese luxury brand SHANG XIA
Case: The first SHANGXIA 88 Teahouse
SHANG XIA opened its first SHANGXIA 88 Teahouse in Shenzhen MixC World. The “88” logo of the teahouse is inspired by the classic main editing craft of SHANG XIA, showcasing a perfect balance between modernity and tradition.
The store was designed by British designer John Pawson’s studio, known for its minimalist style, and uses a large amount of watercolor tones from Chinese paintings to present a bright and textured artistic space. The store currently offers three types of tea – welcome tea, main tea, and special tea – along with exquisite desserts and savory items.
SHANG XIA’s many furniture and home products are centered around tea. The opening of the SHANGXIA 88 Teahouse helps to strengthen the brand’s characteristics and culture. At the same time, it creates more connections between the brand and consumers’ lives, enhancing goodwill.
—— Marketing ——
6) French luxury brand Hermès launched the “Hermès Dragon Prosperity Treasure” mini-program, where users can participate in fun interactions to receive Hermès Dragon Year limited red envelope covers.
7) Chinese luxury brand SHANG XIA, in collaboration with Chinese artist Zinan Lam, released the Dragon Among Peach Blossoms series gift box, interpreting the contemporary Spring Festival with dragons and peach blossoms.
8) Italian luxury brand Dolce&Gabbana launched the “New Year Dragon Twisting Egg” mini-program, where users can choose different keywords to generate Dragon Year exclusive emoticons.
9) British luxury jewelry brand De Beers Jewellers, in collaboration with China Duty Free Group and Sanya Haitang Bay InterContinental Resort, launched the “Spring Sentiments · Lotus Garden” limited afternoon tea. Customers shopping at the De Beers Sanya International Duty-Free City boutique have the chance to enjoy a brand-customized underwater restaurant afternoon tea, dinner, or sea-view suite privileges.
10) British luxury brand Burberry opened a limited “Knight Blue” food cart in Taipei Shin Kong Mitsukoshi, where the public can add the brand’s official LINE, fill in their information, and redeem hot drinks and cinnamon rolls.
—— Store Expansions/Renovations ——
1) American luxury jewelry brand Harry Winston opened its first store in Hangzhou Tower.
2) French luxury brand Balmain opened its first store in Suzhou Ruiheng Warehouse Street.
3) Italian luxury brand Etro opened its first store in Suzhou Ruiheng Warehouse Street.
4) French high-end jewelry brand Boucheron opened its first store in Chongqing Starlight 68 Plaza.
5) Italian luxury brand Bottega Veneta opened a new store in Macau Four Seasons Shopping Mall.
6) French luxury footwear brand Christian Louboutin opened a new store in Macau Galeries Lafayette.
7) French luxury brand Saint Laurent opened a flagship store in Taipei 101.
8) Italian luxury brand Versace opened a new store in Fuzhou MixC World.
9) French luxury brand Louis Vuitton upgraded its Wuxi Center 66 store to a two-story shop.
10) Italian luxury brand Versace opened its first store in Jinan MixC World.
11) Swiss luxury watch brand Blancpain opened a new store in Jinan MixC World.
12) Italian luxury brand Prada opened a boutique in Haikou International Duty-Free City.
13) Italian women’s wear brand CURIEL opened a new store in Shanghai iapm mall.
14) French high-end leather goods brand Longchamp opened a store in Beijing SKP-S, featuring the “Green Mirror” immersive art installation.
15) Italian luxury brand Bottega Veneta opened a new store in Beijing Sanlitun Taikoo Li.
16) Italian luxury brand Brunello Cucinelli opened a new store in Nanjing Sinolink Center.
17) French luxury brand Balenciaga opened a new store in Nanjing Sinolink Center.
18) Italian luxury brand Valentino opened a new store in Nanjing Sinolink Center.
19) High-end jewelry brand Qeelin opened a new store in Nanjing Sinolink Center.
20) Italian luxury brand Dolce&Gabbana opened a new store in Nanjing Sinolink Center.
21) Italian luxury brand Valentino upgraded its Shenzhen MixC World boutique to a two-story shop.
22) French luxury brand Berluti opened its first store in Jiangsu at Nanjing Deji Plaza.
23) French century-old silverware brand Christofle opened its first store in Zhengzhou David Plaza.
24) Italian luxury brand Prada upgraded its Qingdao Hisense Plaza store, becoming the first two-story Prada boutique in Shandong.
—— Pop-Up ——
1) Italian luxury brand Dolce&Gabbana presented the DGVIB3 pop-up store in Shenzhen MixC World.
2) French luxury brand Lanvin‘s first LANVIN LAB collaborative series opened a temporary space at the ASSEMBLE buyer’s store in Shanghai Reel Mall.
3) Italian luxury brand Giorgio Armani opened a pop-up store in Shanghai Plaza 66.
4) Italian luxury brand Valentino opened a menswear pop-up store in Wuxi Center 66.
5) Swiss luxury watch brand Vacheron Constantin opened the “Less’Ential” pop-up store in Nanning MixC World.
6) Italian high-fashion brand GIADA opened the “Andi walks” pop-up store in Hefei Yintai Centre.
7) French luxury brand Louis Vuitton opened a pop-up store in Macau Four Seasons Shopping Mall, showcasing the brand’s 2024 Spring/Summer men’s collection.
8) British luxury brand Burberry opened a pop-up store in Chongli Genting Hotel, displaying the 2024 New Year’s greeting series, and also set up a dedicated relaxation area offering Burberry-inspired latte art coffee.
9) Japanese high-end jewelry brand TASAKI opened a pop-up store in the Jilin Vanke Songhua Lake Resort area.
—— Brand Ambassador Appointments ——
1) Swiss luxury watch brand TAG Heuer announced swimmer Qin Haiyang as the brand ambassador.
| Image Credit: Provided by brands, official brand channels
| Editor: LeZhi