Selected by the Luxe.CO Jury, the following four brand marketing cases have been included in the 22nd issue of the 2023 【Luxe.CO Biweekly Ranking】 Top Cases List:
- French luxury brand Louis Vuitton
- French luxury brand Chanel
- American luxury jewelry brand Harry Winston
- American luxury jewelry brand Tiffany & Co.
From November 16 to November 30, 2023, the 【Luxe.CO Biweekly Ranking】 recorded 39 updates from 25 luxury brands in the Chinese market, including marketing updates (8), store expansions (7), pop-up store openings (20), online channel expansions (1), and spokesperson appointments (3).
—— Recommended Cases ——
1) French Luxury Brand Louis Vuitton
Case: Early Autumn 2024 Menswear Show
Louis Vuitton hosted its first Early Autumn 2024 Menswear Show on the Avenue of Stars in Hong Kong, China.
This was Louis Vuitton’s first fashion show in Hong Kong and the debut of Pharrell Wiliams’s early autumn collection for Louis Vuitton. Meanwhile, Wiliams officially joined Little Red Book and TikTok platforms, opening personal accounts for more interaction with Chinese consumers.
The collection aimed to interpret the connecting power of travel through a nautical theme. A series of gentlemanly silhouettes drew inspiration from sailor uniforms, including navy-striped double-breasted suits, beaded-button navy peacoats, plain-weave suits, and nautical jackets. Additionally, Hawaiian-style printed shirts, LV Trainer sneakers inspired by surfing, ukulele-shaped accessories, diving suits, and surfboards were also featured.
Despite the challenging recovery of the luxury market in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, leading luxury brands continue to value this strategic market. Following this show, Dior is also scheduled to host its Early Autumn 2024 Menswear Show in Hong Kong in the first half of next year. According to data from Tong.Luxe.CO, from January 2022 to September 2023, 23 luxury brands opened 26 stores in Hong Kong.
2) French Luxury Brand Chanel
Case: First Store in Central China
Chanel opened its first boutique in Central China at David Plaza in Zhengzhou. The store meticulously displays the brand’s complete range of ready-to-wear, footwear, and accessories.
The opening of the first store in Central China signifies Chanel’s further layout and expansion in the Chinese market. Zhengzhou, as an important city in Central China, offers geographical advantages that enable Chanel to better radiate to surrounding cities, thus enhancing the brand’s visibility and influence in the central region and reaching more local potential customers.
3) American Luxury Jewelry Brand Harry Winston
Case: “Rare Jewels of the World” High Jewelry and Watch Exhibition
Harry Winston hosted the “Rare Jewels of the World” high jewelry and watch exhibition at the Beijing Phoenix Center, displaying over 100 pieces of gemstone collections, classic jewelry, high jewelry, and watches, as well as precious historical documents and archives of the brand since its founding in 1932.
The highlight of the exhibition was the 18.96-carat “The Winston Pink Legacy” vibrant pink diamond, making its debut in China. Acquired by Harry Winston in 2018, this rare diamond is noted for its unusual size and color, and its carat weight subtly matches the birth year of Mr. Harry Winston – 1896, embodying the brand’s heritage and the spirit of the times.
This exhibition marks Harry Winston’s first major exhibition in China this year. Just two months ago, the brand’s flagship store in Shanghai Xintiandi underwent a five-month renovation and reopened, indicating Harry Winston’s increased commitment to the high-end jewelry market in China.
4) American Luxury Jewelry Brand Tiffany & Co.
Case: First Store with a New Image Nationwide
Tiffany & Co. opened its first store with a new image at Hangzhou Tower. Inspired by “Brilliant Diamonds,” the new store features a special area displaying the brand’s high jewelry collection.
Choosing Hangzhou for the first new image store nationwide reflects the brand’s high regard for the Zhejiang market, aiming to further enhance its influence and market share locally. With the new store design and display method, Tiffany conveys a refreshed brand image to the Chinese market, strengthening its high-end positioning. Coinciding with the booming high-end jewelry market in China, this move is especially significant for Tiffany, which is intensifying its focus on the high jewelry category.
—— Marketing Updates ——
5) Italian high-end jewelry brand Pomellato collaborates with Chinese jade carving and gold-and-silver inlay master Guo Weijun to launch a high-end jewelry necklace – Knot Butterfly.
6) French luxury brand Louis Vuitton signs a letter of intent for a green low-carbon strategic service agreement with SF Group on “Carbon Footprint System and Management in Full Chain Logistics.” This cooperation not only achieves the first carbon calculation per waybill but also signifies a deeper green low-carbon collaboration between SF and Louis Vuitton across the entire supply chain.
7) Swiss high-end watch brand HUBLOT upgrades its WeChat Mini Program boutique service, including 1V1 private live broadcast services for a comprehensive explanation of watch features; it also launches installment payment functionality, creating a convenient and flexible shopping experience.
8) French luxury brand Hermès launches the “Hermès Artist Showcase” WeChat Mini Program, allowing users to browse online the latest winter-themed window displays at Maison Hermès in Shanghai and participate in interactive games.
9) French luxury brand Saint Laurent becomes the official partner of the local art practice and co-creation platform “Soho Art Season” and specially sponsors two exhibitions under its Tomorrow in HAUS program: a solo exhibition presented by curator Li Shiying and young artist Feng Junyuan, and a group exhibition curated by artist Sun Yitian, featuring works by well-known female artists from China and abroad.
10) Swiss luxury watch brand Vacheron Constantin collaborates with artist Gao Ruyun, drawing inspiration from knots to create new store window designs at its Nanjing West Road store in Shanghai and China World Mall store in Beijing.
—— Store Expansions ——
1) Italian high-end fashion brand Max Mara opens a concept store in Beijing’s Sanlitun Taikoo Li.
2) Italian luxury brand Valentino opens a new store in Haikou International Duty-Free City.
3) Italian luxury brand Zegna opens a new store in Nanning MixC.
4) Swiss luxury watch and jewelry brand Chopard opens its first store in Hebei at Shijiazhuang Xiantianxia Plaza.
5) Italian women’s clothing brand CURIEL opens a new store in Shenzhen MixC.
—— Pop-up ——
1) Italian luxury brand Brunello Cucinelli holds a limited-time exhibition of the Opera Master Series at Shenzhen Bay MixC.
2) French luxury brand Balmain opens a pop-up store in Shenzhen Uniworld.
3) Italian luxury brand Loro Piana opens a 2023 Autumn/Winter Holiday Collection limited-time experience store at Nanjing Deji Plaza.
4) Italian luxury brand Giorgio Armani opens a Neve 2023 Autumn/Winter Collection limited-time experience space at Nanjing Deji Plaza.
5) Italian luxury brand Versace opened a pop-up store at Landmark Plaza in Hong Kong, China.
6) French luxury brand Celine opened a men’s pop-up store at Xi’an SKP.
7) Italian high-end fashion brand Max Mara opens a 2023 Autumn/Winter limited-time store at Chongqing MixC.
8) Italian high-end fashion brand Max Mara opene a 2023 Autumn/Winter limited-time store at Kunming Spring City 66.
9) French luxury brand Louis Vuitton opens a jewelry and watch pop-up store at Suzhou Metro Mall.
10) French luxury brand Dior opens a 2024 Early Spring Ready-to-Wear Collection limited-time boutique at Xiamen MixC.
11) French luxury brand Dior opens a 2024 Early Spring Ready-to-Wear Collection limited-time boutique at Wuxi Center 66.
12) Parisian palace-level jewelry art house CHAUMET opens a “CHAUMET Mobile Library” at Zhengzhou David Plaza.
13) Swiss luxury watch brand Vacheron Constantin holds a “Less’Ential” limited-time exhibition at Shanghai IFC.
14) To celebrate the launch of the new Colormania Travel Series, French luxury brand Louis Vuitton opens a travel limited-time space at Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport.
15) Italian luxury brand Fendi opens a 2023 Winter Capsule Collection limited-time store at Shanghai Grand Gateway 66.
16) French luxury brand Dior opens a 2024 Early Spring Ready-to-Wear Collection limited-time boutique at Beijing SKP.
17) To celebrate the launch of the new Colormania Travel Series, French luxury brand Louis Vuitton opens a travel limited-time space at Beijing Capital International Airport.
18) To celebrate the launch of the new Colormania Travel Series, French luxury brand Louis Vuitton opens a travel limited-time space at Beijing Daxing International Airport.
19) To celebrate the launch of the new Colormania Travel Series, French luxury brand Louis Vuitton opens a travel limited-time space at Chengdu Tianfu International
20) To celebrate the launch of the new Colormania Travel Series, French luxury brand Louis Vuitton opens a travel limited-time space at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport.
—— Online Channel Expansion ——
1) Italian luxury shoemaker Testoni officially opens a WeChat Mini Program boutique.
—— Spokesperson Appointments ——
1) Italian luxury brand Valentino announces actress Andy Yang as the brand spokesperson.
2) British luxury brand Burberry announces actress Tang Wei as the brand spokesperson.
3) French luxury brand Dior announces actress Wang Yuwen as Dior’s China brand friend.
| Image Credit: Provided by brands, the brands’ Weibo & WeChat
| Editor: LeZhi